Husam Shaban, M.D.
Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon
With over 25 years of experience in Breast Surgery, along with several degrees and fellowships, Dr. Shaban has committed himself to continuing medical education. In addition to clinical courses in General Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and Oncology Surgery, he travels abroad at least twice yearly to the United States with other annual short trips to Europe and countries of the Middle East to attend clinical courses and workshops in order to keep himself updated with new medical techniques, technologies and clinical skills.
- Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
- Diplomat, Jordanian Board of Surgery
- Member, Pan Arab Association of Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Jordan Medical Association
- Member, Arab Medical Association Against Cancer
- Member, Jordan Oncology Association
- Member, Jordan Surgical Society
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Breast Diseases
- Member, International Academy of Medical Ultrasound
- September 1990 – Present: Practice in General, Breast, and Oncology Surgery, Amman – Jordan.
- June 1989 – June 1990: Practice in General, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Lewis County General Hospital, Lowville – NY, USA.
- September 1982 – June 1983: Family Practice, Denver – Colorado, USA.
- January 1980 – September 1982: Lecturer, College of Medicine, University of Jordan, Amman – Jordan.
Education & Specialty Training
- Medical Degree – College of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- General & Laparoscopic Surgery – USA.
- Oncology Surgery – USA.
- Breast Surgery – USA.
- Onco Surgery – USA.
Post Graduate Training
|Resident in General Surgery, Flushing Hospital Medical Center||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, USA|
|Chief Resident in General Surgery||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, USA|
|Resident in Surgical Oncology||Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA|
|Techniques of Flexible Colonoscopy||George Washington University, USA|
|Techniques of Flexible Esophagogastroduodenoscopy||George Washington University, USA|
|Advanced Techniques of Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy||George Washington University, USA|
|General Surgery Laser Workshop||Colorado, USA|
|Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery||University of Dundee, United Kingdom|
|Basic Breast Ultrasound||American College of Surgeons, USA|
|Advanced Breast Ultrasound||American College of Surgeons, USA|
|Mammosongraphy||International Academy of Medical Ultrasound|
|Breast Oncology||Emory University, Atlanta, USA|
|Oncolplastic Breast Surgery||American College of Surgeons, USA|
|Oncoplastic Breast Surgery||Columbia University, Texas, USA|