What Breast Ultrasound Screening Would Be Used for?
– Finding the cause of breast symptoms, such as pain, swelling, or redness.
– Checking a breast lump found on breast self-examination or physical examination.
– Checking abnormal results from a mammogram.
– Screening the breasts in younger women because their breast tissue is often denser, and a mammogram may not show as much detail.
– Guiding the placement of a needle or other tube, taking a sample of breast tissue (biopsy), or guiding a breast surgery.
– Watching for changes in the size of a cyst or a fibroadenoma.
– Seeing how far cancer has spread in a breast.
How Breast Ultrasound Screening Is Performed?
1) Before your breast ultrasound screening you will be asked to remove any jewelry and clothing from the upper part of your body. It is also important to avoid applying powders, lotions, or other cosmetics to your breasts before the ultrasound.
2) Then, Ultrasound gel is placed on your breast that will undergo the ultrasound screening.
3) By using a transducer, a device that sends out the ultrasound waves, the ultrasound waves will be sent through your breast. Then the ultrasound machine will analyze the information from the waves and will create an image of these structures on a monitor.
Many studies have shown that ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can help supplement mammography by detecting breast cancers that may not be visible with mammography.
A breast ultrasound screening may also be performed on women who should avoid radiation, for example women who are:
– Under 25 years old
– Holding silicone breast implants
At Shaban Breast Clinic, the one stop breast clinic in Jordan, breast ultrasound screening is the best diagnostic technology based on digital, electronic, and high frequency Mammosonography with 2,3,4 dimensional study of breast parenchyma and breast lesions, with no side effects or surgical procedures.
Check all services that Shaban Breast Clinic provides for breast diseases and early detection.